Monday 22 May 2017

Little Mix Fans Not Happy With New Single Featuring Rapper, Stormzy.

I'm not a Little Mix follower/fan so I don't really know much about their songs. No disrespect to them, it's just that their music isn't "my kind of music".


I will say their work ethic is great. They are hard working ladies and they have come very far. They have a formula which is suitable for a rap feature.



I don't usually know what albums or singles Little Mix have coming out, but after seeing on my Twitter timeline that Little Mix's new single, "Power", will be featuring UK Rapper, Stormzy and a few of Little Mix's fans which are called "Mixers" were not too happy, me being me, I had to do a little research as to why.




Stormzy.
Of course me being me as well, I automatically thought. "Oh, y'all mad because there's gonna be a  rapper on the track." but after reading some of the tweets I see that, "Y'all mad because there's gonna be a rapper on the track."


"Why?"


Well, we all know what 'The Sun' would say.

"Don't ruin it?"

"Did people forget what dopeness Stormzy bought to Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You"

"The Mixers need to get to know and want."

And this means????

"What music is more empowering than rap?"
Why wouldn't an artist or a group have one of the most well-known UK Rappers on their track?



Fan's have asked why they chose Stormzy rather than a female rapper.
So which female rapper was really going to be on this track?

Nicki Minaj?
I couldn't see Nicki on a track like this. Ariana Grande is the most Pop Nicki is going.

Iggy Azalea?
Did Does Iggy even rap anymore? I thought she had retired.

Maybe they could of got UK rapper Stefflon Don. She recently featured on the remix version of  X-Factor winner, Louisa Johnson's pop track, "Best Behaviour." 


Stefflon Don
Adding a guy to this song was a good decision in my opinion, and when you really think of anyone else the label would of agreed to, Stormzy would of been the choice.

I've read the lyrics and if Stormzy's lyrics are written in a way where it can be looked at as a response to Little Mix's verses then it should sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

As mentioned earlier, you can easily modify and extend these CSS rules to adjust the design and layout of the related posts entries. In case you're not familiar with CSS, keep the original rules—intact. And, right below these CSS rules, add the following JavaScript code. It's the core related-posts section code necessary for its functioning.