Sunday 23 April 2017

BKChatLDN New York?

I've been wanting to add a new item to my blog for the longest and as I'm the 'Self-Proclaimed' best at giving practical advice I thought I'd start a "Sunday Solution" feature.

I'll give guidance and solutions to things I believe need a little fix-up.

So my first 'Sunday Solution' is for....



I saw this post on BKChat's Instagram and two things caught my eye when I saw this post, in no specific order.



Now I may be having a petty moment, but we're all entitled to one.

via GIPHY

If you watch BKChat or - like myself watch half and then spend the rest of the time trying to make some sense out of the fuq'ery you've just heard - we all know BKChat is very much surrounded by the African culture, which is why I get fed up when I hear certain panelist use Jamaican slang terms or even when BKChat put up post like the one above...

"2 da world???"

"Where they say that at?"


Yet they continue to refuse to have a permanent member with Jamaican or other West Indian parentage on their panel to represent THEIR culture.

I say permanent because I would assume based on Adreyn and Corey's social media accounts that these two members are not African or fully African.

Adreyn/Rashad calls himself "West Indian Boy" in his Twitter Bio and Corey is repping the Jamaican flag emoji 🇯🇲 on his Instagram account. "One can only assume."


Secondly. Now I'm all for progression and getting your brand "out there", but I'm also very familiar with the Jamaican saying (I've said it before and I'll say it again).

"Dance ah yard, before you dance abroad."

BKChat haven't really got it together in London yet. The topics can be quite basic like a few members of the panel. This format could not work in America. They would definitely have to look for a line-up that didn't reflect the one they have now and have much thought provoking things to speak about.

"Anyway,what's the rush?" 

Why is the UK always looking for a co-sign from America?  ðŸ‘€

The whole BKChat formula comes across like a very ill-managed-Love and Hip Hop (No shade 🌴).
From the intro and remixed theme tune to the whole reunion set up, minus the LHH scripts and physical fights, you can see where they're going with this.


Mona Scott-Young
It took Love and Hip Hop creator, Mona Scott-Young over a year after debuting Love and Hip Hop New York before Love and Hip Hop Atlanta came to US screens. BKChat haven't even been on the Internet for a year. "Fine tune your sh!t, then take it abroad."

So onto my solution:

Firstly, the topics need to be more mature. Grown adults speaking like Uni-students can be quite off putting. They had a topic staring them right in the face when Mimi fuq'ed up but they dodged it.

Secondly. The conversations need to be a little more structured. Sometimes people drift and get lost in their sauce.

And lastly. Can the panel not be mixed up? Not only do they have an all-African panel, there isn't one non-black member.

We live in a society where people from different races and religions talk and associate with each other, but if you watch BKChat, you'd think this wasn't the case.

BKChat London? More like BKChat Africa.

This is not meant to shade nor drag BKChat, it is strictly constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

As mentioned earlier, you can easily modify and extend these CSS rules to adjust the design and layout of the related posts entries. In case you're not familiar with CSS, keep the original rules—intact. And, right below these CSS rules, add the following JavaScript code. It's the core related-posts section code necessary for its functioning.