Saturday 27 February 2016

The Brits 2016.

The start of the show was a lil' baffling but...I'm sorry but it was definitely a "huh?!?! Moment."

Ant and Dec were the hosts for the night - for the last time - after revealing, this year would be the last time they would be hosting the Brits.



I was happy to see Coldplay perform 'Hymn For The Weekend' - "I'm a fan" -  sadly no BeyoncĂ© - "I'm a fan too".

"Feeling drunk and high, so high, so high". #BluntMusic



I voted for one direction to win British Video Of The Year - I'm no 'Directioner' - "or whatever they call themselves" - but I really like the song.





The "on a break" One Direction boys - who decided to attend - Liam and Louis looked very dapper.

Louis (L) & Liam

Adele won British video, for 'Hello' - "Not surprised"- Love that song too.




She thanked everyone as expected then added she'd like to take this time to publicly support Kesha.

"I'm all about facts that's all I have to say about that."

After coming back from the ads Ant decided to pull out the fire gun and set off the smoke alarm....lol

Justin Bieber performed love yourself with James Bay on the guitar - "good performance".



Then Justin changed the lane and performed 'Sorry' - "his performance - he sounds was a little strained for me."

His voice was a bit off. Thank goodness there was a backing track - "Go rest your throat J".

The winner for British Male Solo Artist went to James Bay.

James Bay at The Brits 2016
Mark Ronson tried to hide his dismay behind his trademark shades. "#Noshade".

Mark Ronson (R) and Josephine De La Baume


Still waiting for Rihanna but they seemed to be stretching it out.

Picture courtesy of @badgalriri

Former Victoria Secrets model, Jordan Dunn presented an award and looked "a lickle on the small side. She need fi eat some boiled dumpling as my grandmother would say".

Picture courtesy of @officialjdunn

Whilst waiting for Riri to perform, some group won something. "Don't know, Don't really care".




Jess Glynne sounded good.

The last time I heard her live was on the X Factor and wasn't really impressed to be honest.

Wasn't happy she didn't sing the "Oh Oh Oh" bit in her song 'Hold my hand'.



Sidenote: "I'm fed up of these people who can hold a note but definitely rely on studio help".

Of course Adele was going to win British Song and it was well deserved.

James Bay was BRILLIANT!!!!



"I felt the soul"

Rihanna's performance - The moment I was waiting for - I wasn't really moved, she didn't sound as good as I've heard her - before the show Ant and Dec did say Rihanna wasn't at any of the rehearsals.



She sang two songs off her new album 'Anti', "Consideration" which she performed with singer-songwriter, Sza - and of course "Work" with surprise guest, Drake.

Picture courtesy of @badgalriri

Sza took to Instagram to thank Riri after their performance

Drake Sounded the same as on the track, obviously minus some sound issues.

Picture courtesy of @badgalriri 
Little Mix tried very hard to mix it up with their performance of the song I don't like "Black Magic".

Little Mix on the red carpet

They obviously knew they would be performing after Riri...lol

Bjork won Best International Female - "What a fucking joke" - they obviously didn't think Rihanna was going to show up.

A tribute was held for the legend, David Bowie, who sadly passed away last month.

Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman spoke fondly of David Bowie then Gary presented Lorde who performed David Bowies hit song 'Life on Mars'.

One Direction Best British Video Of The Year.

The Weekend and his unique voice killed it.



"I call him my singing J Cole - Don't ask".

He is one of the only artist right now who you would believe walks around in a studio booth.
His voice is the same live or recorded.

'MasterCard British Album Of The Year' went to Adele.



Her album '25' has broken records like no other so she definitely deserves it.

The more I see Adele the more I like her.




Adele closed the show like a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

As mentioned earlier, you can easily modify and extend these CSS rules to adjust the design and layout of the related posts entries. In case you're not familiar with CSS, keep the original rules—intact. And, right below these CSS rules, add the following JavaScript code. It's the core related-posts section code necessary for its functioning.